Tuesday, February 10, 2009

poetry thing ; facade

so i lost my original one...so this one i just made up

Discovering an abandoned multistory, my past,

I step in down winding stairs into the basement.
Terrified the basement has been transformed into a dim lit room. My brothers and I are running into a corner behind a dresser. We were staring at someone. I divertedmy vision to what I was looking terrified at - my mother. Being stradled by volumized, hatred words from the man I'm supposed to call my father. I look back at myself, sitting there in the fetal position and I see tears streaming down my three old face. I crawl back up the stairs as I push the memories out of my head.

I open another door, stepping into my bedroom. The place is cluttered, but I instantly spot myself sitting in my beloved small computer chair, sliding off becuase the side of the seat has broken off it's hinges. As I look around more and see my three closest friends, sitting on my bed and on my floor. As I unknowingly type and slide out of my chair, I accidentally ignore my friends telling me that I'm about to slide down. But - it's too late. I tried to catch myself, but that cause more of a rukus. As I hit the floor with a familiar frankness, my friends and I burst into simotaneous laughter. I now see myself - almost euphoric that I am in pain. I wonder why I was laughing as I smile to myself and travel up the stairs.

I open another door, but I do not step into- onto a room, but a runway. It is dark, but there are bright lights lining the sides. There are many cameras flashing as I find myself walking quite fiercely down the runway with my hands on my hips. I look down at myself and I am in a black and gold halter dress with a beautiful train that is following me. A smile comes across my face as I strike a pose and jump off the runway. I am confused as to why I pick up the train and run across a field of people, opening a huge double-door. All I see now is a bright write light surrounding me everywhere and I walk into it - then I wake up.

No comments: