Friday, March 6, 2009

Kernal Essay

As I hung up my sleek red cellphone, I yawned with exaggeration and layed down on my black and blue zebra striped sheets, knowing this was going to be a hard decision. My eyes started to water under pressure, but I pushed back my tears of near-anguish. I wiped my eyes and started to deliberate in my mind, comparing and contrasting my options of moving 2,500 miles away from all I knew for the past 14 years of my life and start over, or staying here and most likely suffering for the next four years until I moved out or went to college. There was a civil war going on in my head as I tossed and turned in the darkness. The only sounds were the crickets and the leaves scratching against my window. After noticing the clock as it flickered to exactly three in the morning, I turned my tattered lamp on and started to pace around my room. I began to question why I was freaking out so much. I had almost a month to make a decision, but I felt like I had to make my desicion now. I tossed my arms up into the cold air that blasted through my vent and plopped back down onto my bunk bed, leaning my head on the edge of the top bunk and looking up, staring at my sharply lumpy, white ceiling. I sighed in desperation, but at that moment, I realized my decision. I knew that I wanted to start over more than anything. I knew that I wasn't running away from my problems, I wanted to solve them and I figured this was the best way. I closed my eyes and sighed for the last time as I told myself in my head ; I'm moving in three months.

That is my Kernal essay. I would love comments!

2 comments:

twerdy said...

Lovely!
I loved the sparkle words and the similies you used!
Very descriptive.
I could see and feel all of the things you mentioned.
Keep up the good work!

^-^

In HeAvEn AbOvE said...

Hey,Megan! I love your kernal essay. You have many vivid words and you show a lot of imagery. Finally I've met someone who can show and not tell thier words. Maybe you can help me improve my vividness.
~Dae'Aja Fant~